Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Un-postables!

As I've mentioned before, the recipes I am posting have been part of 2 challenges I am taking part of. Reddit's 52 Weeks of Cooking and 52Weeks of Baking challenge have both encouraged me to post on here somewhat regularly.

Sometimes life keeps me from writing about my kitchen adventures, so I'm going to fill you in on a few recipes that never made it to the blog.

Back in Week 7, when both the cooking and baking challenge were "love-inspired", I introduced you to my love's favorite giant dessert.  What I didn't share with you, was the meal he cooked. A dish that is dear to both our hearts, Mussels with Chorizo, Tomato, and Wine.


Week 9 was both simple, and tricky. The baking challenge asked for a cookie recipe, while the cooking challenge asked that I prepare something with coffee as one of the ingredients. That was the week I took a stab at Joy's Coffee Bacon Sandwich.


The blog missed out on a post again on Week 10, which were recipes inspired by a book, movie, or television. As a passionate Harry Potter fan, I was excited to finally make those Butterbeer Cupcakes. That week, I also made a Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie in honor of this guy


I made something savory for the baking challenge on Week 11. That week, the cooking challenge simply asked for "breakfast", which I made with my BFFFFF out in Northern California. Come to find out, Sausage Breakfast Scrambles aren't the most photogenic dishes....


Week 12 asked that the challengers cook something featuring cheese. After seeing this recipe from How Sweet It Is, I had to make Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta. On Week 13, I made a no-bake oreo cheesecake, unfortunately, it was all gone before I could take the picture.


Week 16 was a decorating week of the baking challenge: flowers. I never end up fulfilling these, (much like weeks 12 and 4 of the challenge). To be fair, I do try to eventually use the technique. As far as cooking, Week 16 asked for something with asparagus, so I opted for Bacon Asparagus Pizza



Week 17 was a treat for our house. Not only did we cook lemon-peppered salmon for the challenge, (which asked for a recipe from childhood), but I also made a giant twix bar for the baking challenge which required that I make something with layers.



For Week 18, I'll be making a special salad, (which should be up on the blog, soon!). The baking challenge asked that I transform a drink into a dessert. My gut reaction was to make raspberry lemonade cupcakes, (YUM!), but instead I went for my interpretation of a cup of herbal tea. Vanilla Lavender Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting.


There are still plenty of weeks left, even though it certainly feels like things at work are winding to an end. Luckily, the end of the school year should lead to fewer iphone pics, and more posts to read! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment