Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Chocolate and Peanut Butter


We have a great partnership, the boyfriend and I.

He can count on me to make delicious meals and desserts, and I can count on him to enjoy them. Sometimes, I end up giving away the treats I've made, and leave him feeling betrayed, offended, and truly hurt.

Take the cupcakes from the other day for example. He only enjoyed two of them before I whisked the roses away to work. He was not pleased. I had every intention of making up for it with a valentine's day dessert, except the dessert totally tanked :(

It was a sad day for us both. Fortunately, we were able to move past the failures that occurred that day, and enjoyed a dessert that was familiar, and comforting, but still lovely and wonderful.


Pizookie.

Although I'm sure it's served in countless restaurants, this pie-sized chocolate chip cookie, (or other variety), topped with ice cream was made famous by BJ's . I've made it a few times, serving it with the best mint patty yogurt in Massachussetts. This time, I set out to make a special edition for the special chocoholic in my life.


PB Chip Chocolate Cookie
(baked in a 9" pie plate)
Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup peanut butter chips

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" pie plate and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together the butter and both of the sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter/sugar, mix in well.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the cup of flour, 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.

Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until well blended. Mix in the cup of peanut butter chips.

Using a spatula, spread the cookie dough in the greased 9" pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool cookie in pie plate on a cooling rack before cutting.


Serve topped with a generous helping of your favorite ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment