Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Salmon with Mustard Dill Sauce



So a two-week hiatus is not a great way to start a blog.

There are countless reasons why I haven't posted, but the most important being that my photographer has started a new job which means he has less time to help me take pictures.

Since I had a moment, (and since I'm recovering from cupcake overload), I thought I'd share a nice dinner recipe that I really enjoy.

We've had the recipe twice within a one month period, and for me, it's all about the dijon sauce. The first time I made it, I had to finish up all the sauce as a salad dressing, I couldn't get enough of it.

Recipe adapted from Life's Ambrosia

Serves 2

You will need:

  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • juice of 1/2 lemon (we used 1 1/2 tablespoons Real Lemon)
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for salmon
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 salmon fillets, pin bones removed
  • kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
  2. In a bowl whisk together Dijon mustard, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, dill and garlic.
  3. Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil (about 1 teaspoon per fillet). Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, tent with foil for another 10 minutes, (I just bunched up the foil on the baking sheet to keep the warmth in). The salmon will continue cooking during this time.
  4. Transfer salmon to a serving platter. Spoon sauce over the top.
I served the dish over a bed of lettuce, which was delicious with the sauce if you don't mind warm lettuce. We also enjoyed the salmon with brown rice and some veggies on the side. It's a quick, easy weeknight meal that I hope to have again, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment